Is there any answer for Reynolds?

Gurgi

What can we do with this guy? As Roy Firestone says he kills us in sooooo many different ways.

I honestly dont want to look at him anymore. It is so bad for me now. If we cant trade him we should just give him his release.

He could play for a team that has no chance at a post season. But for any team that wants to win............he has no place.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of those plays are acclimation plays. Mistakes, sure, but not egregious. (And I agree about playing him in the field.)

The first, he read the spin incorrectly (or failed to read it) and the second, he played it like the third baseman he is. The throw was fine. He didn't have a play, but I'm not surprised he tried to make it. The throw was accurate. Should have cost an out, not a run.

I have said time and time again I don't know what Buck is thinking running Reynolds out there in the field when he proves time and time again he has no business being out there. He is the prototypical DH. Let Davis and Johnson play 1B. Let Reynolds DH.

No errors, on base all night not sure what the problem is.

Do you really have more confidence in Betemit or Davis with the glove?

Might want to recheck the boxscore if your talking about Reynolds. I would try him out in LF but definitely not 1B anymore. 3B should be Tolleson for good.

Both of those plays are acclimation plays. Mistakes, sure, but not egregious. (And I agree about playing him in the field.)

The first, he read the spin incorrectly (or failed to read it) and the second, he played it like the third baseman he is. The throw was fine. He didn't have a play, but I'm not surprised he tried to make it. The throw was accurate. Should have cost an out, not a run.

Yup...plus even if he made the first play (which would have been tough for any 1B), it would have been a hit since Hammel was so late to cover.

Reynolds is one of our best hitters. He got off to a slow start but you can just see how many good ABs he has, always going deep into counts, getting on-base. He's easy to pick on because of all the strikeouts and the sloppy fielding, but really I think he's a better HITTER, at the end of the day, than Hardy is, a better HITTER than Markakis is, a better HITTER than Davis is, a better HITTER than Betemit is, etc. I think with enough experience he can be a passable first baseman. Either way, we need his bat in the lineup every day.

Archived